Monday, September 12, 2011

New Zealand Day 2: Be strong and courageous. . .

"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. . .Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. . . ."

~ the words of the LORD to Joshua in Joshua 1:6-9, as leadership was being passed from Moses to Joshua

" All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

~ the words of Jesus to his disciples in Matthew 28: 18-20 before he left earth, passing leadership on to the disciples.

This morning we (Jenna, Andrew and myself) had a wonderful time of devotions and orientation with Neville and Joyce, our district superintendent of New Zealand.  Neville was good to encourage us with these words from the Lord that were given during times of transition, change in leadership and uncertainty. .. very appropriate for me right now. 

The Lord offers his power and presence to His people.  With that what more could I possibly ask for?

(Photo from my morning run today. .. look at those green rolling hills!)

No comments:

Post a Comment