Monday, February 10, 2014

Back in Action

Summer holidays have come to an end and school is back in session, as is every other activity that accompanies life for Kiwi kids this time of year.

We've resumed our weekly Kids Club at church on Sunday nights and all the new bright-eyed gymnasts have turned up at gymnastics, convinced that we will turn them into Olympic athletes by year's end.

It is not just the young kids who will be learning new things.  I too will be joining the ranks of students all across the globe seeking education, but my classroom will be a bit less traditional.  I am finally taking another step towards completing my MAICS (Master of Arts Intercultural Studies), a degree programme  that I began over six years ago to further my theological education and broaden my understanding of how God is working in the cultures of our world.  Living in New Zealand has made it challenging to continue my studies, but thankfully our closest Nazarene Theological College (NTC) in Brisbane,  Australia now offers graduate level courses through real-time video conferencing!
As I hit the books and take on the role of being a student again, I am confident that the Lord will help me to apply what I learn in class to the real-world classroom of life. It is a blessing and privilege to be able to study again, alongside students from literally all over the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment