Friday, October 7, 2011

No longer will they teach their neighbors. . .

I have recently been praying that Jeremiah 31: 34 would become a reality here in Whangarei.  See below:

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
   after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
   and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
   and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbors,
   or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know me,
   from the least of them to the greatest,”
   declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
   and will remember their sins no more.”

Can you imagine what life would be like if we all knew the Lord!  It makes me smile.

Yesterday I had the wonderful privilege of attending a home church service with my new elderly friend, Maurice.  He is truly in love with the Lord, and because his health often prohibits him from getting out and about, he hosts a worship gathering right in his own home!  The first Friday afternoon of every month, dozens of senior citizens (most of them 80 yrs +) cram into his living room singing old hymns, testifying to God's goodness, and celebrating communion together. 

I went yesterday and don't know that I've ever been part of something quite like it. They came from all different denominations and life experiences. Some sat; some stood. Others played the accordion, violin, piano, and guitar. .. but all came with a  purpose and sang their hearts out to the Lord. 

As I sat there with my feet planted on the cracked wooden floors and the sun streaming through the window, my heart couldn't help but be blessed.  The music in my ears was sweet, and it rang with the goodness of our God who has shown himself to these faithful ones, many of whom will be meeting their Savior face to face soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment