Thursday, November 28, 2013

Someone loves me!

Today is November 29, 2013 here in New Zealand.  Just another day in Aotearoa.

In the USA, however, it is only November 28th and things are quite different.  Families are gathering to celebrate Thanksgiving Day, eating way too much food and enjoying the company of loved ones.  Thankfully cyberspace and Skype allowed me to interact with those I love 10,000 miles away on this special day . . . after which I sat back and had a good cry.
 
Then, as per my normal routine, I headed across the road to the post shop to check the mail only to find that a massive package awaited me!  As I submitted my little yellow ticket to the postal worker to retrieve the contents from the PO BOX, the clerk excitedly announced "Somebody loves you!"  She passed across the counter a large box wrapped in brown paper with my name all over it!

Christmas came on Thanksgiving Day!  I couldn't run fast enough to get home and see what treasures await me in this box.  Opening the box brought me to tears as I pulled out one gift after another. . . after another. . .after another, from siblings, parents, cousins, aunts and uncles, all intended to make me smile.  

I cried.  I laughed.  Then I cried again. Somebody loves me!

Thank you to my Olathe family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment