Saturday, July 13, 2013

Good-bye Kansas City

A very wise man named Solomon once penned these words on his quest for meaning in life.  

"1 For everything there is a season,
    a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
    A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
 A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
    A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
    A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
    A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
    A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
    A time for war and a time for peace."
 (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

At the risk of stating the obvious, I take heart in the truth that there are rhythms to life of which I need not be afraid, including a time to say hello and a time to say good-bye. I guess right now is my time to say good-bye and make the journey back to New Zealand.  I've truly enjoyed the last few weeks here in the USA, sharing life with the precious people that make this place home.  

 To be honest, I despise letting go and saying good-bye to those I love; it wreaks havoc on my heart and emotions.  But living a life of faith in Jesus requires that I entrust my beloved friends and family into His care.  After all, he is far more capable of watching out for them than I.  Thanks be to God.





  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment