Monday, August 13, 2012

No growth in the comfort zone?

Out my kitchen window. ..in winter!
"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone."

 I don't know who coined this phrase, but there is great truth to it.  Transitions always make me a bit uncomfortable, but they are nothing to fear. As a missionary I'm slowly learning the art of adaptability. . .fully aware that mastery of such an art form will probably take a lifetime! :-)

Sunday "Welcome Back" shared lunch
Time back in Olathe was wonderful, affirming, and to be honest, quite comfortable. But to stay in my comfort zone would be my demise. The mercy of God sends me into the realm of dependency upon Him, for that is where my faith is strengthened and consequently, my relationship with Him. The closer to Christ I am tethered, the safer I am in the storms of life.  So you see, the "uncomfort zone" is really the most secure place for a child of God.


As I settle back into life here in Whangarei, New Zealand I must beware of growing too comfortable even here.  What about you?  Is Proverbs 3:5-6 true of you today:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
 (New Living Translation)



1 comment:

  1. Excellent reminder, Alison! Glad you made it back safely. :) -Regan V.

    ReplyDelete