Sunday, December 18, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and. . .

I can almost hear it now, Julie Andrews singing the classic song from The Sound of Music, "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens; bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. . .these are a few of my favorite things."  Here are a few of my favorite things about life in Whangarei:

-- Kids Club Sunday Nights
-- Fresh avocados
-- Puhutukawa Trees  (The "Kiwi Christmas Tree" full of rich red blooms against deep green foliage.)
-- Laid back nature of the people here
-- Meat pies
-- Waking up to mountains towering above and flowers blooming below.
-- Dedicated Christ followers at New Hope Church
-- The beach
-- The childlike faith and growth of new Christians with whom I get to meet every week.




1 comment:

  1. it's heather mcbride(spahn). just saw your comment on the riggins blog. that's cool you have ended up in new zealand. i am living in england with my hubby and 2 boys. my hubby is british.

    ReplyDelete