Friday, February 10, 2012

Special letter in the mail. . .

This week I celebrate five months of life here in New Zealand!  In the grand scheme of life, five months is but a breath, but for me every month here is another milestone.  What a better way to be reminded that God has called me here and is blessing the ministry, than to receive this adorable letter from one of the little girls that attended our Kids Holiday Programme last month! (Notice she still remembers the pie in the face!)

After the Kids Club, I sent little hand-written notes to each of the kiddos that attended throughout the week and prayed for them by name.  This week I received one in return!  What a treat!

I am loving life here in Whangarei and feel more established day by day.  Gratefulness wells up within me as I consider the reality that God has placed me here on purpose.  For some odd reason, He has entrusted 'little old me' with pastoring a church and loving children and their families into His Kingdom. It is quite humbling really and I am thankful. When I get homesick or downtrodden by the heartache that I see in the lives of those around me, it is my calling from my Lord that sustains me. Thank you Jesus, that your plans are always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment